Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Assignment 11A- Idea Napkin No.1

Assignment 11A- Idea Napkin No.1

1. My name is Delaney Koponen. I am a senior marketing major with a minor is retail. I have always been passionate for the marketing industry- discovering why consumers buy certain products and what motivates them to do so. I paired that with my interest in retail. This past summer I worked in Atlanta, GA at Newell Brands as a brand marketing intern. Newell owns popular consumer goods brands like Sharpie, Caphlon, Graco, Paper Mate, Elmer's and many more. I think that this product ties in my passion for discovering what consumers want and making everyday tasks that much more simpler.

2. I am offering both companies and individuals a way to make the hand washing process a little quicker and simpler in public places.  For individuals this will allow to lessen frustration of having to get more than one paper towel from the dispenser or being left with wet hands. For companies this will make customers happier customers.

3. I am offering this product to companies and individuals. These companies would be any business that offers a public restroom. These individuals demographic would mostly contain those who prefer to be cleanly and save the environment. All my customers have in common that they would be using a public restroom at least once if not many more times in their life.

4. Customers care about this product because it would make their daily lives just a little bit easier. It would not cost individuals using the restroom money but it would cost a small amount of money to those that own the business.

5. I have never used a automatic paper towel dispenser and been satisfied with the amount of paper towel that comes out with the first swipe. This product would be different because it has not been done before.

I believe all of these elements work well together. I believe my product would require some testing because I can't decide if I should create an entirely new paper towel dispenser with more absorbent paper towels or just modify existing ones.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Delaney!

    I was actually excited to see what you'd talked about for this assignment. Like i said in my previous comments, I am share the same passion for this unmet need and i definitely feel that something should be done about this. I was thinking about it pretty often this week whenever I went to the restroom. I can see how easier life would be if your business concept was enacted! i liked that you tied your passion for caring for customers to this business concept and it definitely shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    Your idea is so creative and necessary in my opinion. There is a great opportunity for your product and there can be growth for many businesses that choose to invest in it. You also outlined your product very well and in a detailed fashion so I see it being a potential success for many people. Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Delaney,
    I think you did a great job of laying out the different elements of your idea. It is a very useful idea that can be implemented all over the world. Ever since I read your original post describing it, every time I have been in a public restroom I have thought about how the paper towel dispensers could be improved, which shows how beneficial your idea could be to our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete