Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Assignment 14A- Halfway Reflection

Assignment 14A- Halfway Reflection
1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
  • I have developed the behavior of promptness. I have found that through this class I need to work on things more ahead of time and try harder not to do things at the last minute. It is especially difficult because everything is due on Fridays for this course and I procrastinate all week to complete the assignments due because I want to be able to do something fun on the start of the weekend instead of homework. Therefore, I have definitely improved my time management skills.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
  • This past Friday I felt like giving up. I was super stressed because it was homecoming week and I had two exams the following Tuesday that I needed to study for, my laptop broke on the sunday before so I was laptopless for about a week so I needed to purchase another one. This all added onto my stress of being able to have fun at the game because I had friends in town visiting and a desire to do well on my exams.
  • I feel like I have developed a less tenacious attitude in the past few months because as a senior my classes are not as hard as they used to be. I have found though through this past week that I need to get it together and get back into my old ways.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

  1. Work hard
    1. Always try your best and work for what you want!
  2. Don’t procrastinate
    1. It will pay off in the long run to get things done ahead of time
  3. Have fun
    1. Give yourself time to have fun so you are not always working

1 comment:

  1. Hey Delaney,

    I definitely appreciate your transparency. This class is definitely one that procrastination is not recommended because of the multiple assignments that are due each week. I am sorry that you had to go through all that stress that week. I am happy that you did not give up and pressed on. I definitely think that your three tips are beneficial to future students.

    ReplyDelete