Monday, November 27, 2017

26A - Celebrating Failure

26A - Celebrating Failure
This past summer I lived in Atlanta for my internships and my parents decided it was time I learn to be fiscally responsible. So, I got my first credit card. With a credit card, I understand that it is a big responsibility and you need to keep on top of it. This summer, I made a good amount of money so I had no problem making sure I paid off my bills in full. But, this semester I get paid significantly less than I did this summer and work significantly less. Therefore, I am facing an issue at failing at my fiscal responsibility. I never realized how expensive groceries etc. are when I am being paid minimum wage.
I learned that I have a shopping addiction. Especially online shopping. In order to not shop as much I need to not have my credit card on me and use it only for purchases of necessities ie. groceries, gas. This way I will not be spending money I do not have.

Failure is definitely tough. And I have failed less this semester than previously. I am a strong believer that failure is essential to success. It is hard and there may be tears involved but once you get through it you come out tougher and better. I don’t this class has necessarily had a huge impact on my perspective of failure because I have always been a proponent of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I know the feeling about owning a credit card. My parents cosigned me one a couple years to help build my credit. Being in college it is a great idea to start building your credit now because it can take many years for it to grow and increase. Since then I also concentrated on paying my bills on time to avoid any issues with my credit.

    ReplyDelete