Thursday, September 7, 2017

Assignment 4A- Forming an Opportunity Belief


I believe there is an unmet need in regards to parking on UF campus. Anyone on UF campus knows how difficult it is to find a parking spot and would not dare to move their car in the middle of the day. It's very unfortunate because this can cause so many other problems besides just a mere annoyance. Lack of car parking forces more students to purchase scooters in which can cause many accidents or force students to walk alone especially at night. I believe there is an opportunity for UF to build more parking garages close to campus in order to not only increase convenience but also safety.
#1
Do you have a car on campus?
  • “Yes.”
Do you ever have trouble finding parking on campus?
  • “Absolutely it's almost impossible. I live on sorority row and there is never parking. I can barely move my car on weekdays.”
Do you think UF should do anything in order to give students more parking?
  • “Yes just build higher parking garages or something.”
Do you think it's a safety issue?
  • “Yes… I have had to walk home from the library late at night because I wouldn't be able to find a parking spot if I moved my car.”
Do you have another mode of transportation to combat the lack of parking?
  • “No but I should probably get a scooter.”
Reflect : UF students could be at risk of something happening when walking home late from the library ect. It's a safety issue for students to be walking home alone at night.

#2
Do you have a car on campus?
  • “No”
Do you ever have trouble finding parking on campus?
  • “No because I don’t have a car”
How do you get around place to place?
  • “I bike”
Do you think UF should do anything in order to give students more parking?
  • “It hasn't really affected me but I know people complain about it a lot.”
Do you think it's a safety issue?
  • “I guess”
Do you have another mode of transportation to combat the lack of parking?
  • “Just my bike”
Reflect: The parking situation may affect some more than others. Some people may have a job they need to get to, to pay their rent etc. For others it is just a mere annoyance.
#3
Do you have a car on campus?
“Yes, ugh are you going to ask about the parking? Cause don’t get me started.”
Do you ever have trouble finding parking on campus?
“Yes, obviously. UF has the worst parking and the amount of times I have had to drive around for more than an hour looking for a spot is absolutely ridiculous.”
Do you think UF should do anything in order to give students more parking?
“Yeah, just build a couple more parking garages. Simple solution”
Do you think it's a safety issue?
“yes … anything could happen when I have to walk home from midtown or from the library.”
Do you have another mode of transportation to combat the lack of parking?
“Yeah, I have a scooter but that parking also sucks.”
Reflect: Some feel that this is a simple solution that can be combated with a couple more parking garages. But where would UF put them?

Summary

I believe that there is still an opportunity to increase parking on UF campus. I do think that it depends on everyones needs because some people may live extremely close to campus and not need a car, while others live very far. It depends on the prototypical customer. I do believe that this is a problem that a majority of UF students face and it should be addressed in the near future. I think that UF should adapt to this need and make changes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Delaney,
    I completely agree with the opportunity you see in regards to parking on UF campus. As a third year student, time and time again I have found myself struggling to find a parking spot and feeling the frustration of being late to whatever on-campus occasion to due to the lack of parking. I know this is a common frustration among students and I constantly wonder why this opportunity has been addressed and worked on for improvements. Great job on this post!

    ReplyDelete