Friday, September 1, 2017

3A- Entrepreneurship Story

Entrepreneurship is all around us. Although it may not be recognizable at first, you notice it all around you once you have been exposed. From the local coffee shop to an app designer, these were all created with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Growing up I was surrounded by an entrepreneurial mindset. My father owns a small business and has always inspired me to follow my dreams. His hard work ethic to build his business always pushed me to excel in school and work hard for what I want in life. Throughout my life I always played competitive sports. Always competing to win a trophy as a child may not seem like the ideal way to some to build character, but it shaped me into the person I am today. I grew up very competitive. Always concocting a game with my friends such as a relay race or a nail painting competition. If there wasn't a winner in a game, it didn't seem fun to me. Winning is just as important and losing. As I grew older, I started to see the importance of wanting to win, but not always needing to win. My father always told me to surround myself with people that are better than me. At first, this was very frustrating because I was no longer the best. After a while I started to realize that because I surrounded myself with people that were better than me, I started to get even better. This mindset got me to where I am today and I am extremely grateful.
I decided to take this class to further my entrepreneurial mindset and discover what I can accomplish. It is important to self reflect, and this class has allowed me to do that in an effective way. I took this class to learn in general what entrepreneurship is and what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur. I hope to learn to take my ideas to the next level.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Delaney!
    I can definitely relate to you about always wanting to win especially when I was younger. I felt that I was surrounded by individuals who were also competitive so I developed that nature as well. But as we grow up like you mentioned before, I also realized that winning is not always needed despite wanting to. I feel that this mindset is extremely important to have especially in the world of entrepreneurship, so it is good that you recognize that. Winning does not always mean good success. In addition to that, I cannot wait to see how you utilize what you learn in this class for future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete